Name: Anna Lavfors
Role: Managing Editor
Department: Team Content
Describe your role at PriceRunner!
– As managing editor, I'm responsible for all our tests. A normal day for me consists of meetings to align the work we do whilst also planning for the future, mixed with actually testing products and writing about them. We have published more than 2000 product reviews in about 200 tests - available in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and the UK.
Within Team Content, we have a team of four test editors, each with their own area of expertise. Since 2014 I personally manage all of our tests of baby and childrens products. If you've ever googled strollers, my name has probably popped up! And since 2021 I'm also in charge of leading the team and our tests forward, developing new business formats and improving on how we can help consumers find the very best deal for their needs and wants.
How come you joined PriceRunner?
– Actually, in some way I am the smallest doll within a Russian doll. My manager, who is an amazing person to work with by the way, headhunted me through my blog back in the spring of 2014. And then in the fall of 2016, PriceRunner bought the company I worked for. And in 2022 we will become a part of Klarna. So I really didn't choose to be where I am today, and considering I have a degree of Bachelor of Science in Social Work it's quite weird how I ended up at a tech company? But I sincerely wouldn't have it any other way, and I'm super excited for what the future with PriceRunner holds.
What makes you proud to work at PriceRunner?
– You're always welcome to share your thoughts and ideas at PriceRunner. And a good opinion is always a good opinion, no matter whether it's coming from someone in the Management Team or a brand new employee. I'm proud that everyone has the opportunity to matter.
One of our core values at PriceRunner is “Act Bold”, what does that mean to you?
– To speak my mind. And everyone I've ever worked with knows I'm not shy to do so. But I figure I'm here for a reason; I'm good at what I do. And to make PriceRunner the most loved comparison shopping service we need qualified people who are willing to try new things, look at what we make from a different angle and that are brave enough to question old routines when there might be a better way to do it.
“Stay Humble” is also one of our core values, what does that mean to you?
– I think that the thought behind the phrase is to remember that even though we've come far, we've still got much left to accomplish. For me personally, staying humble means that there's no job that's below me. If things need to get done for us to reach our targets - then I'll do it. At PriceRunner, you should not be afraid to ask for help, nor should you hesitate to share what you know in order to help others out.
How would you describe your team?
– As a writer, I avoid clichés like the plague. But the team spirit we've got going in Team Content is really one of a kind. Black Friday is the most stressful time of year at PriceRunner and during moments where a bad team would make you cry, my team makes me laugh so hard I sometimes have trouble doing my job properly. (Don't tell my boss I said so.) I never dread Monday mornings because working with my team is not a chore, it's a joy.
What makes your work fun?
– The proper answer is probably that no two days look the same and that I'm in full control of what I want to do and when I want to do it. But honestly, some days my work is to try out 15 different kinds of chocolate? How amazing is that?
To be honest, the chocolate thing actually sounds more fun than it is, and gives you much more stomach ache than you would think...