Name: Luis Rizo
Role: Development Manager
Describe your role at PriceRunner!
– I’ve been at PriceRunner since pretty much the beginning and that gives me a very wide spectrum of daily tasks. It’s all from development, coaching, organization issues, employer branding, events and much more. It’s pretty much what I love about my role here, it really can’t be put down on a piece of paper.
How come you joined PriceRunner?
– Pricerunner was a pretty shitty site back in 2016. Tons of ads, horrible product placing, bad user experience, not many features for the user, slow, not scalable and so much more. The product has so much potential and that task seemed perfect. To take the underdog and win the race. This journey has been amazing and we just closed a huge chapter in our story. Now we start a new one.
What makes you proud to work at PriceRunner?
– The people. We have an amazing crew here. We adapt, we are hungry for the next project, we cooperate and we enjoy each other’s company. It sounds tacky but it really is that way. We’ve grown together through the years and that’s what gives us this companionship.
One of our core values at PriceRunner is “Act Bold”, what does that mean to you?
– We have to try. We don’t do the usual “livrem och hängslen”. We want to fail fast so we can learn and go forward. We’ve done this since day one and keep doing it. Every time someone hesitates, we literally say “hey…. Act bold!” We deploy to production several times every day and all our developers are responsible for the deployment. Hence the bold part. We want everyone to feel bold and responsible. To have real ownership of our product.
“Stay Humble” is also one of our core values, what does that mean to you?
– To never become ”fat and happy”. We need to remember that others do what we do just as good or even better. That we need to keep trying to achieve something better and never think that we are “all-knowing”. Same goes for all of us in our everyday life. No one sits on a high horse thinking they know more than the other. We cooperate and we grow together, hence the stay humble
How would you describe your team?
– The most adaptable team to walk the earth... So many challenges in different ways and we keep adapting to tackle the challenges. It’s an awesome bunch of people.
What makes your work fun?
– The variation. Not a single day is the same. And as I said before, the people. We spend 40 hours per week with our colleagues, it’s important to find people you enjoy working with. To laugh every day is a privilege and I’m very happy that this is the case. Not many days go by without bursting into laughter.