Name: Philip Strömbäck
Role: DevOps Engineer
Describe your role at PriceRunner!
– I'm working in the platform team, which is responsible for the overall architecture, deployments and scaling of our systems. Speed is always important so we aim each day to make our developers work as easy as possible.
How come you joined PriceRunner?
– When Pricerunner reached out I was quite impressed with the amount of data they handle every day. I thought it would be a great match with my tech background in how to scale out the platform to handle data from different regions and using the benefits to move more to the Cloud.
What makes you proud to work at PriceRunner?
– It always gives me great satisfaction to see changes pay off, and we can actually see the improvements of the platform we are building.
One of our core values at PriceRunner is “Act Bold”, what does that mean to you?
– You should not be afraid to make changes and improvements to the platform. Be smart and make sure you can track all changes using Infra as code.
“Stay Humble” is also one of our core values what does that mean to you?
– Listen to the people who are using the platform. They are the most important stakeholder, so listen to them.
How would you describe your team?
– We are a mix of good developers with different backgrounds. Frontend, Backend, Infra and Cloud, which gives us a good overall of the platform.
What makes your work fun?
– It's always new interesting challenges at PriceRunner, for example expansion to new markets or new features. Nothing is written in stone, and it's always possible to use new technology to make us better.