Name: Morgan Elfvin
Role: Senior Data Scientist
Department: Category & Data
Describe your role at PriceRunner!
– As a Data Scientist at PriceRunner, I primarily work with applying machine learning, to help build scalable solutions to some of PriceRunners core challenges. One example is matching merchant’s prices to one common product, which is very handy when it comes to price comparison.
On a “median” day, I spend a lot of time trying to decipher Tensorflow error messages. It is surprising how hard it is to get the shape of your tensors to add up.
How come you joined PriceRunner?
– Having previously worked in telco and banking, I found it interesting to work at a company where the user is in such a focus.
What makes you proud to work at PriceRunner?
– Our mission to become the most loved shopping comparison and help consumers make informed choices before purchasing anything.
One of our core values at PriceRunner is “Act Bold”, what does that mean to you?
– ”Act Bold” for me means that we don’t shy away from tackling a problem when we know it will have a positive effect on the user experience even though it might be technically complex and daunting.
“Stay Humble” is also one of our core, values what does that mean to you?
– Our accomplishments are built on a foundation of teamwork and collaboration which wouldn’t be possible without all the amazing people working here.
How would you describe your team?
– A ragtag band of people who think that data is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
What makes your work fun?
– Working with interesting problems where scalability is in focus really floats my boat.