Name: Hanna Vesterberg
Role: Category Manager
Department: Category & Data
Describe your role at PriceRunner!
– I’m in charge of all you see online in the hierarchies interior and kitchen - the products, structure, filters and so on. I guide two of our outsourced teams to which products we should create with help from research, statistics and our goals. Each morning we in the category team start the day with a short meeting to catch up, and after that I can usually plan my day how I like. Sometimes I work the entire day with structuring a category, sometimes I do quality checks or research something.
How come you joined PriceRunner?
– I got a good impression on my interviews and the work itself seemed interesting, which made the choice to join easy. I like the combination of guiding our users to the best products and prices at the same time as I can research products I’m interested in myself.
What makes you proud to work at Pricerunner?
– PriceRunner is a service I use myself, I never buy anything before I check if the price is good, so I’m proud to be part of a team that makes it easy for others to do the same. Why spend more on a product than you have to? I feel that everyone who works here wants to create the absolute best site, because we want to use it ourselves!
One of our core values at PriceRunner is “Act Bold”, what does that mean to you?
– Sometimes you have to take a risk to get great results. You might not know beforehand if it will turn out good or not, but hopefully it will. If not, then at least we have learned something that we can use next time.
“Stay Humble” is also one of our core values, what does that mean to you?
– You have to be humble to the fact that you can be wrong about things or that something you did in the past isn’t as good as it used to be. Sometimes you need to change your point of view. We all need help and input and we all build this site together, no one can do it all alone.
How would you describe your team?
– We are a diverse team where our daily work managing categories goes hand in hand with our personal interests and knowledge about the products we work with. I know I can ask my teammates for advice if I want to buy the fastest charger for my phone or the most efficient vacuum cleaner for example. It’s a fun and friendly group of people to be hanging around with.
What makes your work fun?
– I can see the work I do every day online on our site. If I add products or update the structure I can see it directly, which gives the feeling that I immediately have changed something for the better and maybe helped someone. I also like the challenge of structuring so many different types of products that we have on the site in a good way. Apart from the work itself there’s often activities going on, like quizzes, after works and contests, which can lighten any day!